- Bad Astronomy: one of the most visited astroblogs, written by populariser, debunker and former professional astronomer Phil Plait.
- Chris Lintott’s Universe: it’s his, he owns it, the rest of us are his tenants.
- The e-astronomer: UKIDSS head honcho Andy Lawrence muses on astronomy, science politics and other things.
- In the Dark: cosmologist Peter Coles blogs on astronomy, jazz, football, ballet, cricket, opera, cats and some things that the person writing this link has forgotten.
- Nebulium on Neith: Mr. T-dwarf Adam Burgasser’s blog tribute to The Proclaimers.
- Orbiting Frog: this makes us feel inferior.
- Professor Astronomy: a blog on astronomy and astronomy education.
- Royal Greenwich Observatory Blog: blog written by some of the professional astronomy popularisers at the RGO.
- Sarah Askew: Leidse Sarah blogs on astronomy and instrumentation.
- Universe Today: regularly updated astronomy news blog.
- Women in Astronomy:
- Bad Science: doctor, writer and tank-top fashion icon Ben Goldacre takes aim at media distortions of science. Good science forum attached
- Cosmic Variance: “random samplings in a universe of ideas”, still haven’t sampled the ideas from Chris de Burgh’s secret moon-base.
- The Lay Scientist: the science bit from science and political blogger Martin Robbins.
- Science Punk: blog of science writer Frank Swain.
- Short Sharp Science: the blog of the New Scientist
Random Astronomy Stuff
- Google Sky: great on-line resource for looking up images of astronomical objects.
- Astronomy Picture of the Day: pretty picture once every 24 hours.
- Bad Astronomy: dispelling common misconceptions in astronomy.
- International Year of Astronomy 2009: information on what’s going on around the world to mark the IYA